Monday, August 29, 2011

How-To: Vintage Suitcase Coffee Table

I love, LOVE vintage suitcases. What is better than a vintage suitcase......

A Vintage Suitcase Coffee Table



This project is fairly cheap and takes less than 15 minutes to do!

Lets get to it...

What You Will Need:
Power Drill
Vintage Suitcase (Preferably one made of wood. Plastic works too!)
Measuring tape or Ruler
Straight (or Angle) Top Plate Hardware (4)
4 inch Tapered Table Legs (4) 
Optional: Spray Paint or Paint for the Legs

*You can use table legs that are longer! I used 4" table legs for this project*
*You can get straight or angle plates at any hardware store: Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc. 

Straight Plates: table legs will stand straight
Angle plates: table legs will angle outward





Begin by turning the suitcase upside down and placing a piece of hardware on each corner
Make sure each Top Plate is bubble side up:

*If you are using Angle Plates make sure the leg hole is pointing in the right direction before drilling the screws in.*


Measure the hardware and mark its spot, so each piece is in the same spot.
I placed my Top Plate 4 inches from the bottom of the suitcase:


Screw each Top Plate down. Once you have done this screw in the legs and turn it over:


YOU'RE DONE!!



How easy was that!?

Feel free to ask questions and post pictures in the comments section!

Enjoy!!


This project was inspired by: http://www.designsponge.com/

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute and simple! I am moving into my new place next week and this is the first project I am going to attempt. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a coffee table and they're soooo darn expensive! Loove this idea! Going out next weekend to find a suitcase and do this myself! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete