Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Make Your Own Lip Gloss

I have a small love affair with lip gloss and chapstick.
This tutorial will show you a cheap and easy way to make your own from home!



What You Will Need:
-Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline
-Kool-Aid Mix (pick a color you want your gloss to be)
-A bowl for mixing
-Microwave or Stove
-Containers for your gloss. I bought mine here.





Lets Begin!


Start by putting 1/2 or all of the Vaseline into a bowl
I used 1/2 of the jar since I only had 10 little containers:


Put it in the microwave for 6-8 minutes.
Stir it every 45 seconds.
Heat until it is liquidy:


Like so:


Get your containers open and kool-aid ready:


Stir in the kool-aid.
I put in an entire pack. 
The more you put in the redder it will be.
You can play around with it.

Now, stir, stir, stir!
Stir until the kool-aid is completely mixed in.

It might look a little purple.
That is okay. It will be red on your lips after it is applied. 


Put the gloss into the containers.
Wear gloves if you are worried about coloring your hands.


Now let the gloss cool in the containers for at least 3 hours.
After the gloss has cooled,

YOU'RE FINISHED!!




Enjoy!!!


5 comments:

  1. What could I use if I don't have Kool-aid in my country? Or maybe you could describe what it is,maybe I have it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I am not sure. I did find this helpful little pdf: http://comingintheclouds.org/ebooks/secular/lip_balm_ebook.pdf

    It has a lot of ways you can make your own lipgloss using items other than Kool-Aid.

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. hola!

    beautiful, you know you can also use crushed eye shadow right?!!

    but absolutely gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see how the color looks when it's actually applied? It looks like such a pretty color....similar to viva glam2 by mac .

    ReplyDelete